Rain...

Just on Wednesday I was wondering whether the rainy season is over!!! As if just to prove me wrong, it poured and poured HOW!!! Having forgotten my track suit, I thought I would quickly go and get it. Ignoring mom's umbrella suggestion, I started back to office.Voila!!! All of a sudden as if somebody threw a bucket of water, it rained. In no time I was drenched and dripping :( Somehow made it to the office gym and changed quickly. After an hour of work out my mind refused to change back into the cold and wet dress. I decided to go back home in the track suit it self. But it was still raining :'( Waited for sometime and then thought of taking a quick walk to home. Took the back side door which is closer. The moment I came out I realised I am standing in front of a river. No way anyone can distinguish where the road starts and where it ends. Most importantly where the gutter is. The river was brown and black at times carrying all the wastage.

Now my mind was in splits. Whether to risk and try navigating myself through it or to go back. Sudden memories of pathetically dug up road made me to take a reverse turn and go back Thought I would take an auto from the front gate. Rain was getting stronger. Just as icing on the cake, my sandals were getting slipped out of legs every now and then. At one frustrating moment I removed my sandals, folded my pants and started walking. When I reached the front gate, there were only 2 autos. Nothing can go better than this :) As expected both refused to come for a short distance trip.

There is a kannada proverb, "Once you are drenched, whats rain and whats cold" Cursed them and started towards my home. Nobody seemed to care for anyone around. There was one guy who was carrying two umbrellas but didn't even bothered to help!!! When all the vehicles were rushing past splashing water and just when I was about to conclude that this is how we HUMANS have become, one gentleman in bike stops and asks "Mam, do you want a drop?". Normally I don't take favours and never from a stranger. But thought of giving it a shot, just to see whether what I was thinking so far is correct or still we have left with some humanity + decency. I asked him to drop just near a major landmark, not very far though. After he dropped, I was pleasantly surprised and thankful. He was William working for Target. Still there are helpful people :)

Walked to home. Though being drenched and wet is not sucha comfortable experience, especially in a cold night, I was thrilled and happy at the same time. I felt good that I am not dependant on anybody in any condition. Neither on people nor on curse worthy autos. Just like Calvin says, "they can chain me, not my spirits" I felt like yelling, "rain can dampen me but not my spirits" :P That happiness led to some sinful indulgence. I desperately wanted to eat something spicy and ate one packful of chips. Consoled myself that, it will just compensate 6km walk, the effect of one hour work out would still remain right? :P :P

But then there was only one worry and just like the sweet kid, I prayed God - " No fever on the weekend pleasseee OK?certainly not on a LONG weekend" :P

11 comments:

  1. hmmm... thats a great experience indeed..i guess after a very long time u went in rains... but taking a chance of going with a stranger was appreciable..take care lady!! :) have fun!! i remember we both having the ice cream when it used to rain heavily....raspberry dolly..remember?? good old days.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it rained cats and dogs! but for me it was nice getting drenched fully after a long time..
    Anyways take care.. your workout will make u immune of cold :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheer up brave heart... and believe, still lot of good and decent souls are thr. Thats why world is still marching fwd vyth d single hope...am happy tat u asked his name instead of just thanking him.

    BTW ... a Very Happy Rakshabandhan dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Divya,
    Ha ha ha I remember too... Crazy we are :P Even now I have big time urge to eat ice cream when it rains, but I am not getting the right company :) Come when it rains :) we'll revisit good old days :P

    @Vaidya,
    I guess it will. So you too got drenched that day :P

    @Prabhu,
    Yes, There are good people still. The experience becomes more memorable when you get help least expected :)By the way, he asked my name and I asked later. So the credit goes to him.

    Happy Rakshabandan to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to see people help..more importantly nice to see a people trusting others

    ReplyDelete
  6. read ur article while browsing randomly...i gotto tell u one secret abt guys... most of the guys feel shy/scared to offer lift to girls due to some unknown reasons :) .. in your case I donno why atleast girls didn't offer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice Creams !! That reminds i did eat ice creams that day !! Tasted 8 flavours. Gobbled 5 flavours completely. 1) Gulcan icecream 2) coffee butterscotch 3)Fig Honey 4) Tender coconut 5) I forgot.
    Tried kesar pista , apricot, and few others ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You too? .. see my blog about my ruined holiday!! Nice to see that there are people out there who still spare a thought to others!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder you've got help, you're a woman, you'll get enough attention :)

    The wonder is, I've got a ride on such a rainy night... Without asking...

    Yes, there are good people around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Akshatha
    Very nice blogs, I love reading em'.. I do have a small suggestion,please try to make your blogs bit shorter & more precise, that way you would have more visitors on your blogs!..Without a shadow of a doubt, your blogs are really good. I am eagerly waiting for the 2 blogs which are coming up according to you
    1) Who is a true leader? &
    2) what exactly does a girl looks in a man?

    Keep blogging

    Cheers
    Anoop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Akshatha,

    Nice blogs.

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete