Kids...

Recently during our lunch, my friend was telling about her friend who is about to get married and how the girl who is marrying him is indecisive about the marriage. The guy provided an explanation "she is like a kid" for her indecisiveness. My sudden and involuntary reaction was " c'mmon yaar, don't humiliate kids!!!" Though the reaction was very much unthought, it became more real when I pondered on the thought for a while!!!

More often, we sum up a person's behaviour as kiddish or childish when we find the person immature, indecisive, stubborn etc. But given a slight observation to kids would change the entire notion about kids. Till kids learn to ape the behaviour of their elders, they are very much decisive about what they want. They never think whats profitable, they just listen to their little hearts and go by that. May be sometimes thats been named as stubbornness of kids, as they want what they want. Most people are indecisive because they want best of both the worlds. The profit of one side pulls back when you are about to go towards the other side, profit is not always monetary mind you!!!

Now that I have started thinking about this aspect of kids, there are so many things which keep coming to my mind. When a kid starts doing some work, its very tough to distract him, he will stop only when its done and only when he is completely satisfied. The amount of concentration is commendable. They put their heart and soul into whatever they are doing. Another best aspect of kids is forgiveness. They never carry the baggage of hurt, resentment and hatred. They might fight ferociously in a moment and the very next moment they will be playing again as if nothing happened. They love everyone, having no bar for caste, class or the colour. How innocent!!! How sweet!!!

I shudder to think of world without kids. It would look like a barren field having no rains since ages. The unconditional love, the innocence, the care, the forgiveness will vanish from this earth. More dangerous is the fact that we are making them grow unnaturally faster. I wish kids were allowed to nurture the innocence, tenderness at least for few more years before they are cruelly pushed into the worldly rat race. I wish kids were more often used in comparison scales for all the positivity they have. I wish everybody were to keep that kid in themselves alive, so that we could have a planet with love, care, innocence devoid of materialism, greed and hatred. Its so refreshing to see a smiling kid, seems like all the stress is melting like ice in front of sun!!!

19 comments:

  1. ಹುಡುಗಾಟಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ, ಅಪ್ರಬುದ್ಧತೆಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಒಂದು ಆಪ್ಯಾಯಮಾನ ಲೇಖನ.
    ಮತ್ತೆ ಬರಹದ ಬದುಕಿಗೆ ಮರಳಿದ ಅಕ್ಷತಾರವರಿಗೆ ಸ್ವಾಗತ.

    ಗಣೇಶ್

    ReplyDelete
  2. ಅಬ್ಬಾ!!! ಎಷ್ಟೋ ದಿನಗಳ ಮೇಲೆ ಕನ್ನಡ ಬರಹ ನೋಡಿ ಕಣ್ಣು ಮನ ಎರಡೂ ತಂಪಾಯಿತು . ತುಂಬಾ ಧನ್ಯವಾದಗಳು :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here, I am disappointed. I do not understand the script being written. I think it is your native tongue and it is alright to have the reply in the same script (actually it is considered polite by proper netizens). What I was looking for is a translation in English, which is not there :-(.

    You write well and have a broad mindset, which I think is evident from your writing. So, one suggestion - translate if it in a different script. Of course, you can choose to ignore.

    Thanks,
    Annonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. You r right dear...Unconditional love, real innocence...all that you find only vyth kids.
    The way they talk ,
    The way they smile ,
    The way they walk, behave, fight, play etc etc... wowww No wonder why kids are beautiful.
    You forget the entire world when you are in their world.
    And ofcourse everyone is having kiddish part in their heart. It only differs with the level they express.
    I'll be very happy if i wont grow up and being in the child age 4ever...think abt tat ..hw nice it will be ?
    Now you wont tease me when i am kiddish sometimes (Hope only sometimes..hehe) :-) :-)

    There is no point in being Grown up, if you can’t be Childish Sometimes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous,
    That script is Kannada, one of the languages of India. I prefer to answer people in the same language in which they write to me, if I know that language ofcourse. If there is something which needs translation, certainly I will. :)

    @Prabhu,
    Ha ha, I knew you would surely comment and I almost anticipated the content of your reply too :) I completely agree with the last punch line :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...Like Sister,Like Brother :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Akashatha. My guts was you will accept, and you did!

    What I intended to say is - your translation will encourage the other person, who actually started it (and when I visited there I was totally confused other than some lines ...:-)) to change a bit; if s/he desires, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Prabhu,
    You said it... :D

    @Anonymous,
    I reiterate, I will translate only if there is need for others to know about it. I give complete liberty to the person in which language he/she wants to communicate with me. :)

    I would appreciate more, if you use your own name to comment than to use anonymous. This is a public forum and I am open to both appreciation and criticism, thats exactly why my blog doesn't have comment moderation. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect one !! nice to be childish sometimes :)
    Welcome back from your blog hiatus

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agreee Kids and Indecisive - do not go together.
    Liked the statement - "Most people are indecisive because they want best of both the worlds."
    So you are back. Hope you will post new blogs regularly now onwards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In this world of choices, atleast the kids know what they want at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Vaidya,
    Hey, coming after a long time!! Welcome back...

    @SL,
    Thanks kano,

    @Raji,
    Thanks :) Yes madame, I will try to regular from now on :)

    @Sumana,
    Experience speaks huhh!!?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice thots AK :). I liked the previous post also . Well would like to meet Sijoy who has made u fall in love head over heels . Quite a guy i must say :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. very well said!!! I have always admired the ability to bounce back that kids seem to share!! We do have a lot to learn from them in turns of attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Revathi,

    Thanks da!!! Sure, we all will meet very soon. i need to see the Jeeju also :)

    @Preethi,
    Now you must be experiencing all that first hand right? Very true, we have lot to learn from kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Come by blog have a tag for you which I think you will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete