Brew @Ha Ha

Accidentally discovered a different coffee shop in Koramangala today. Brew @ Ha ha. Thought of getting into the place just to get a few moments away from scorching sun. The view inside this coffee shop really provided me such cooling affect, of course there is an AC, but there are lot more things than an ordinary coffee shop. At once side this coffee shop has bright lights, drawings of humans on walls and coffee tables. At the other side, there is a carpet area where lotsa colourful jumbo pillows are stacked on GROUND!!! For bean bag fans, there are few tables with bean bags.

Removing the footware, I just fell on those mammoth pillows and enjoyed the cool air. Awesome experience I must say!!! Then comes a guy with nice smile and very good mannerisms. The menu is quite strange, this has Calvin's coffee (with peanut butter which is Calvin's favourite), Beatles coffee with a tinge of pepper and very many things like that. Price is okay too. We lay there enjoying the ambience of the place and I see a rack with lotsa games, yes the menu also says any game at price 20 per hour.

Wow!!! We pick up some penguin catching fishes game and there comes our ordered food stuff. A major quiche fan, I ordered mushroom and spinach quiche and my friend ordered samosas with Calvin's and Beatles coffee. Food is good and I don't say the coffees were outa this world. Coffee was milder to me as now I have upgraded myself from Coffee Day to Barista, for strong coffee :o) ok common, what else you expect from a girl from Coffee Land - Chikmagalur???

We start off with the game and there is this guy, Imran, a courteous and pleasant steward, who sat with us and helped us understand the game. The game started with slow pace but then took up all our interest and we start fighting. We even call Imran to judge our "This is not the right move / this absolutely is the right move" argument :o) Felt as if all those barriers betwee youth and childhood disappeared in a jiffy and there I am a smal girl fighting over a silly game.
Time to wind up!!! The steward comes and asks us politely whether we liked the place, food and the game & whether we wish to come again :o) Oh Sure, this time with a big bunch of friends, to relax, to fight over those silly games & to make up for all the lost time !!!Oops!!! Forgot, this place is just next to Jyothi Nivas College, Koramangala.

19 comments:

  1. Nice review and great pics of the locale. Seems like a must visit place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you win the game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like someone is coffee-shop hopping!! and majorly into Blogging! way to go AK :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous

    Yes, thats a must go place. I lost first 2 games but then won a game :o)

    @Gops

    Eeeeeee!!! Thats true, whats life without coffee & coffee shops :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review. Why don't you try part time journalism?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey.. it looks like a prefessional advertisement.. u can consider it for a alternate job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Thats cool, I have an alternate career!!! That sounds interesting.

    Thanks Raji & Ravikiran :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! This place is run by a friendof-friend.. I am yet to check it out. This guy who runs it is an ex IIM Grad apparently, who chucked a great job with microsoft to start this cafe!
    The concept is very similar to a cafe in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey..This place sounds worth visiting.. Thanks for the gyan :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Rach,

    Is it??? WOW!!! Then please convey my wishes to that guy, if in case you meet him. & Make sometime to visit there, its a place where you can forget everything else and relax :o) I am sure you will like it.

    @ Saumya,

    Thanks a lot Saumya. I will post about such places whenever I feel they are different. There is one more place "Soups & Salads" nearby which is also a very good place. 10/10 for the wall paint which is very refreshing. Alas!! when I visited that place I didn't have this blog running, so didn't take pics. Next time when I visit, surely I will post about it with pics :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Akshatha,
    Wow man ! Good blogs :).
    Lot of profoundness in the writing . Way to go .Atta girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Reva,
    Thanks a lot re :o) But whats this atta girl?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting Post.. You seem to be a Coffee Girl from the land of coffee.... Probably would checkin this place with a dear friend and play Penguin Catching Fishes Game . If destiny wishes, someday we together could be playing the game at Brew@Ha Ha... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaah, now thats very intriguing. Yup, I am a complete coffeeland girl. Let's see whether destiny lets us do what you have predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a sincere believer in Desitiny and I do believe that it does wonders. So keep your fingers crossed dear lady :o)
    Lets see whether my destiny would oblize me with an oppurtinity to meet this girl who carries such a substance of Womanhood within herself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I checked in this place this Saturday with some of my frinds. The moment I entered kind of surrendered myself to the bean bags. The place seems to be very relaxing. A must-go place for all coffee lovers in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How Brew@Ha Ha Ha got its name
    http://sidin.blogspot.com/2007/05/entre-pray-noors.html

    Brew@Ha Ha Ha webpage
    http://www.brewhaha.in/

    ReplyDelete
  18. @well wisher,
    I am glad you liked it :o)

    @Prabhu...
    Thanks a lot for the info, it was very interesting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey, ever since I read your post, I wanted to visit this place. Finally got an opportunity to visit this place on Friday. Loved it. Loved the games. Will definitely go again!

    ReplyDelete